Thursday, July 19, 2007

Glad it's not like this much

I was out and about all day and had a Mom's Night Out potluck this evening, so I had to squeeze my walk in at 4:30 when Ariel went home. I got Alex and Adam in the stroller and we did the 5 mile Shanahan Ridge loop. The first half is pretty up and the second half is pretty down, so either I was struggling to push 75lbs up hill, or trying to keep 75lbs from rolling down hill. I did have my MP3 player on (finished the first Sisterhood, now reading Lean Mean Thirteen) but I had to pause it for Alex's incessant questions (Mommy, why do pirates have eye patches? Did a shark bite their eye out? Why do some pirates have wooden legs? What if a shark bit their nose off, would they have a fake nose?) I did mange the walk in 90 minutes and made it almost on time to the potluck.

Mileage: 274 miles, 155 to go
Pledges: $560

No comments: