Sunday, June 17, 2007

The Mesa Trail

I can't believe I didn't take a picture, but my camera was in my backpack and it seemed like too much work at the time. I need to wear my belt with my backpack so my camera is easy to grab.

Anyway, so Ellen and I walked from my house to Caffe Sole and then to the South-West end of Boulder and then up onto the Mesa Trail. The Mesa Trail runs perpendicular to the foothills and Flatirons and is somewhat in the shade. We did about 6 miles of the Mesa trail, which was a bit steep to get up to, but not to bad once we did. It was also flipping hot, the high today was 97 deg.

At the end of the trail we stopped at the Chautauqua dining hall and made a potty stop (brazenly going in the restaurant bathroom instead of the dirty public one) and then walked down to Starbucks.

Our walk with stops was about 4 1/2 hours, but only 10 miles (I think we could walk 14 miles in 4 hours on the streets).

Mileage: 158 miles, 271 to go
Pledges: $165

No comments: