Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Campus Loop, Again



Jeremy had a rough day so I put the boys to bed. That meant I left later than usual for my walk, it was around 8:00 when I finally got out the door. The sun was setting, but it wasn't as dark as that picture makes it look (exposed for the sky, did I hmmmmmm? - yoda).

I just did my campus walk again. It's nice and easy. But I took pictures today of some of the sites. This is the south tower of Duane physics. It was also the location of the coldest spot in the universe:
Carl Wieman and Eric Cornell created
a new form of matter at the coldest
temperatures in the universe in 1995. It
earned them the 2001 Nobel Prize and
paved the way for the creation of quantum
computers, atom lasers and ultrasensitive
detectors of time, gravity and rotation.



And here's the football stadium with the lights on.



I also walk by my old freshman dorm room on this walk, but it was too dark by then to take a picture. I am listening to Metro Girl now, and the book it's great and the reader is worse. But I'm kinda getting used to it so I might just finish.

Mileage: 162 miles, 267 to go
Pledges: $165

No comments: