Tuesday, May 22, 2007

what? no sidewalk?

Tonight I had the bright idea of taking Mae in the stroller and walking to my meeting in Louisville. I misunderstood the map and thought it was 4 miles roundtrip; turns out it was 4 miles THERE. I got 2 miles underway (88th at Avista Hospital) and the sidewalk just stopped. Nice. So I called Paul to rescue me but he wouldn't do it so I had to turn around and skip the meeting. It was a cold 4 miles for Mae so in the future if I walk with her when it's cool I'll bring along a blanket to help keep her warm. She cried herself to sleep tonight saying 'owie' because her hands were cold and then she bit her finger. Poor thing. Paul informed me tonight that he has no interest in biking so I guess I'll be attaching the tag-a-long to my bike behind the baby seat. On Thursday I think we'll take a nice long bike ride, if it ever stops raining. Anyway, 4 more miles in the bag. Oh, and I have a plan for Sunday, when I have to walk 10 miles ALONE. I'll walk to Marshall Mesa and have the fam meet me there for the 3 mile rountrip hike, and then walk home. Or something like that.

2 comments:

Wendy said...

Oh, poor Mae-Mae. What, Paul wouldn't rescue you? And what's this about not biking, why did we fix up his bike then?

Oh well, we can have lots of bike adventures without the big boys.

Ellen said...

Paul and the boys were watching Star Wars. whatever.

I did MapQuest and it's 7 miles from my house to Marshall Mesa. MM is 2.3 miles. So I think my plan of meeting them at the trail will work out great, and then we can all drive home together and Paul can drop me at Starbucks on the way home and I'll get that last .7 in. Phew!