Sunday, May 27, 2007

I did it!

I have been a little worried about this walk, but I did it and it was fun! And I feel fine too. I was tired the last mile, but that's to be expected. Yay me! And Wendy and I even texted each other a few times and seemed to be walking on the same time schedule too. Fun!
It was 7 miles to the old trailhead from my house. My first goal was to Starbucks at SuperTarget, 4 miles into the walk. Then 3 more miles to the old trailhead. I called Paul so he could load up the kids and meet me at the new trailhead, a mile further on. I finished up that last mile and waited for them at the new trailhead. I was SO HAPPY to see a bathroom!! Hooray for that. We suited the kids up with their waters and walked a mile and a half (out and back) with lots of whining on the return. Geesh! Next time (if there is a next time that I have to walk long alone) I'll have Ted bring his bike. That put me at about 8.5 so we drove to Jamba Juice and Paul dropped me off at RCP/Indiana, which is 1.5 miles from home. Voila!
Next week is a new schedule. Tues, Wed, Friday.

1 comment:

Wendy said...

Congratulations, I knew you could do it :)