Saturday, August 25, 2007

Day 2

I'm not sure how day 2 ended up being better than day 1 (it may have had something to do with all the alleve we took) but it was not bad. Once again we got up at 5:00 am (just two alarms today). We headed to the school and had our feet patched up again. I have just one small blister on the top of my middle toe that I got taped up. Oh, and I also got some mole skin on my left arch because apparently, not only do I have flat arches, but I also have some special extra bone with a fancy name in my foot that makes me more prone to arch pain. I've developed a nice callus on my arch so the moleskin was just an extra precaution. Ellen also got some callus moleskinned up.



We started walking around 6:30. The sun was just up, unlike when we had gotten to the school and it was pitch black.



Yup, that's me walking.



We had some great rest stops today, including the carnival. This was my favorite stop because they had bags of m&ms that I could mix with the chex mix. Yesterday I was mixing the GORP and was stuck with a bunch of unwanted nuts and raisins.



And yes, there were even games. In case you are wondering, I popped 2 out of 3 balloons.



We started to get a little loopy around mile 17. Ellen had just treated me to a stunning rendition of the theme song to the Beverly Hilly Billies when we came across this informative sign. At some point I will upload the accompaning video for your viewing pleasure:



The last mile (or so they said) was definitely the hardest. But we still pulled together for a sprint to the finish line. Ellen kept her place as #16 while I came in slightly behind her. That's out approximately 86 walkers. Not that it's a race or anything, but we did gain some time by jogging peridically throughout the day. Yes, we were feeling that good (and we really just wanted to get done and get our massage).

Here's my smile that's really grimace. I usually reserve that for hard days with the kiddos.



And then we staked out the massage lady again and got a great rub down. Yay!



PS - Ellen wants to inform you that we went to 3 Margaritas last night and did not do chocolate ice cream and beer again. Although she did get a margarita but I only had a few sips as I was the dutiful designated driver. And then we watched the Teen Miss America pageant. Miss Colorado won, it's a proud for our beautiful state. Now we are off to a "fabulous" pig roast. We hear there's salmon, there better at least be bread and veggies.

TTYL (as Miss Carolina likes to sign out with)

No comments: