Saturday, July 7, 2007

An early long walk

Even thought today was hotter than hades, it was still a nice day to do a long walk. The boys are still at Grammie's house and Jeremy took a bike ride. Jeremy wants me to do a team ride with him tomorrow so that was another reason to do the long walk today. And I've had several comments from various people telling me that a 3 hour team ride will do as cross training and I don't need to walk 4 miles tomorrow, but I'm not sure about that. I guess I'll see how I feel by tomorrow evening.

Anyway, today I did 16 miles around Boulder, similar to what Ellen and I did on June 10th. Except I stopped only at Starbucks for a grande frappachino and then at the Pearl Street Farmer's Market for a lemonade. Oh yeah, and then I had a sprite and a bag of chips at Subway. I spent 3 hours finishing up Anyone But You by Jennifer Crusie. I thought it was a chick lit book but it was more of a romance novel. And a slightly racy one at that, hee hee.

I was out for over 5 hours, but that included my drink stops, a library stop and a stop of the packaging store to retrieve my lost camelback. Even though I started at 7am, I was out at noon when it was close to 100 degs, not fun.

Mileage: 231 miles, 198 to go
Pledges: $185

No comments: