Thursday, May 24, 2007

discoveries

Tonight Ole and I discovered a trail I've been curious about for years, but never bothered to check out. After half a mile on Rock Creek Parkway, there is a trail just before 88th Street. We followed it down near the Horizons apartment complex and onto a gravel path that eventually led us to the trail that we have all been on before, near the mall. When I stumbled upon the 'gravestone memorial' I remembered this trail. We've gone on it a few times as a family when we were at loose ends and tired of the mall itself. The oddest thing about this trail was that there wasn't anyone on it. At all. As a result, Ole was off leash for all of it, besides the RCP part, and he was in heaven. In preparation for my long walk on Sunday, I plan to bike on Saturday and I think I'll do this trail and see just how far it goes. I *think* it might lead into Interlocken. I found that I was a little stiff at 3 miles, so I hope I can kick that soon, or it's going to be a long few months!!

No comments: