Thursday, May 17, 2007

Devil's Thumb



As much as I morally and philosophically oppose the idea of covenant controlled communities, the reality is I quite enjoy them. Much the same way I enjoy Boulder's smoke-free restaurants. Sure, it's trampling on some rights, but it just makes everything so much more pleasant. Anyway, tonight I walked in the Devil's Thumb neighborhood (named for that rock formation above), which is covenant controlled and very nice. I didn't see a single dandelion and for Boulder that's downright miraculous.

And Ellen's right, it's wildflower season now. I need to do something nicer with these gorgeous yellow daisies by the Flatirons. But that would mean getting up very early and I don't do early well.



I finished my Stephanie Plumb book a few days ago, and started reading a Stephan White book. He's a Boulder mystery/thriller author and his books are based in Boulder. I was very confused because this book (The Program) started out in New Orleans, and was still in LA when my battery on my MP3 player ran out. But I checked the summary and it does move to Boulder, so I'll try a bit more. But, I'm also ripping a CD copy of the 6th Harry Potter book, so I want to start that too. Only two more months until book 7!

My walk turned out to be 4 1/2 miles.

Mileage: 53 miles, 376 to go
Pledges: $145

No comments: