Thursday, May 3, 2007

Character Building



Today the kids dug deep. Real deep. Ellen and I took them on a bike ride at Teller Farm hoping to get them a good ride in while also doing a training walk. We half-way succeeded.

It was classic. We had some water at the 1 mile walk (and also our turn around point). And Alex and Ted announced, "Ok, we are done riding bikes now." Um, no you aren't, buddies. And of course the way home was also up hill.

Sam didn't even like the down hill much:



Ariel fell asleep in the backpack:



Ole was definitely the happiest one of the bunch:



Alex ("I think I can I think I can I think I can...") and Adam ("Mom, come back and push meee!")



But I saw (Ellen missed them) pelicans on the lake:



So all in all, amidst great grumbling, we did 2 miles in 90 minutes.

And later in the afternoon, Ellen watched all the kids (3 were sleeping) while I did another 2 miles around her neighborhood.

So yeah, character building all around :)

Mileage: 20 miles, 406 to go
Pledges: $95

1 comment:

Ellen said...

That picture of Alex is TOO FUNNY, in a sad kind of way! I love the one of Ted, of course. Lesson learned, I think, for all of us!!