Sunday, April 29, 2007

Anything worth doing is worth overdoing

Today was supposed to be 4 miles. Ellen and I are planning on doing our long Sunday walks together so I tried to plan something somewhat interesting. We started from my house and headed up in the foothills. Ole came along too.

I call this picture, "Ole in the fields" or "The happiest dog in the world"



We hiked all the way to NCAR (where we planned to get some water, but it was unfortunately closed).



It was very pretty, although a bit warm. Poor Ellen didn't think it would be so serious and she didn't have any water.

On the way home, we stopped off at Cafe Sole for some much needed iced soy mochas.

And I underestimated this walk, it was 6 miles and took about 2 1/2 hours. Whoops.

Mileage: 13 miles, 413 to go
Pledges: $45

1 comment:

Ellen said...

All I have to add is a very funny line Wendy said today. After hiking for over an hour, she said, "We just have this little bump and we're there." Mmm hmmm. Little bump? An hour later....;-)